The Doctor Is IN
Meet Dr. Lauren Middleton:
Culinary and Integrative Neurologist- the best of all worlds! I am board certified in traditional medical training, and practiced as a traditional neurologist for several years. However, I am also board certified in complementary/integrative medicine and culinary medicine. In case you’re curious about my credentialing:
- Undergraduate: Baylor University, Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience
- Medical School: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy
- Neurology Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Integrative Medicine Fellowship: Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine
- Culinary Medicine Specialist Certification: Tulane University at the Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine
My osteopathic training inspires me to focus on prevention of disease and a “whole body” approach. It was from this context that MIND was created- the Multidisciplinary Institute of Neurological Disorders. The goal of this website is to provide high quality information about health and wellness in an accessible and affordable way to people everywhere. I believe medicine should be focused toward prevention, healing, education- the goal of which is to restore wellness with a focus on lifestyle changes.
You see, in 2023, I had a life-threatening medical condition, and I almost died. Thankfully, traditional medicine saved my life, but I had to grapple with chronic pain. As many of you also know, Western medicine many times will fall short with matters of chronic pain. After healing myself with many of the modalities I now discuss on this website, I wants to help others become educated in ways in which to heal themselves, as well.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with her family, going for a hike, or reading a good book. I have a passion for cooking and baking great food, and I believe you should never sacrifice flavor when cooking healthy meals.